[wp-hackers] notification of insecure plugins?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Nov 18 21:10:54 UTC 2010

Also, if a plugin has a known security problem and the original author
has abandoned it or is no longer interested in updating it or is
totally unreachable or what have you, and somebody is interested in
taking it over and patching it, then we can grant commit access to it
and allow it to be updated and maintained by somebody else.

This is a special case circumstance, but it is better to have actively
maintained plugins than to have old insecure plugins sitting around in
the repository.

-Otto