[wp-hackers] Wordpress Code flow

Ozh ozh at ozh.org
Thu Nov 18 15:15:35 UTC 2010

URL requested: the .htaccess rule sends to index.php and from here,
include() by include() you can get a good grasp of the flow

2 interesting reads:
- the file wp-settings.php itself, which includes and sets up most thing,
and
- http://codex.wordpress.org/Query_Overview which explains rather neatly
how the translation from a URL to an SQL query occurs

HTH

Ozh

> Hi everybody!
>
> I was interested in checking out how the WordPress code flow works...
When I
> googled it, ( probably with the wrong keywrods), all I ended up was
this;

> http://codex.wordpress.org/User:DavidHouse/Wordpress_Code_Flow
> <http://codex.wordpress.org/User:DavidHouse/Wordpress_Code_Flow>
>
> which is an excellent shot at it but very very old thus worth nothing
> today.
>
> I also searched how the heck wp_head works, could not find it neither.
>
> In order to understand wp from the ground up, I thoght I should get a
full
> grasp of from url to all the way to wp_footer() what really happens...
Ant