[wp-hackers] Page Titles, Page Links, Page Permalinks

William Davis will.davis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 14:48:05 UTC 2010

Agreed, custom fields are the answer. I wrote a simple plugin using a
meta box and a custom field for my site. The function I use on all
pages except for the post page looks something like this:

function front_page_title() {
	global $post;
	$title = get_post_meta($post->ID, 'front_page_title', TRUE);
	if ($title) {
		echo $title;
	} else {
		the_title();