[wp-hackers] How common are table changes for WP?

Ryan Bilesky rbilesky at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 03:51:59 UTC 2010

Does the database structure stay fairly constant from version to version?
How common is there a structure change, and how often is that change major?

The reason why I am asking is that I am writing an API to allow access to my
wordpress posts.  To keep it lightweight I don't want to go load wordpress
but rather just query the database directly.  The downside to this obviously
I have to redo my queries if the wordpress table structure changes, hence
the question how common are such changes.

Thanks.