[wp-hackers] plugin installs failing: "Could not create directory. /wp-content"

Scott R. Godin scottg.wp-hackers at mhg2.com
Tue Nov 9 15:46:36 UTC 2010

On 11/08/2010 02:30 PM, Roger Theriault wrote:
>> From: "Scott R. Godin"<scottg.wp-hackers at mhg2.com>
>>
>> yup, sure did. it's all set exactly as it should be, and
>> hasn't changed
>> from the original install that I can see.
>>
>> anyone else have any thoughts on this?
>>

> Scott, try manually ftp'ing something to your server using the same
> credentials. I recall running into that error message when my issue was in
> fact my ftp setup (users weren't allowed to upload). I know you said
> nothing had changed, but it's worth a shot.
>
> Roger

Nice catch. it does indeed appear to be the sftp side of things -- ftp
works fine but sftp is currently failing (even though I can ssh to the
box just fine as well) I'll look into it.

I'll let you all know whether this solves it (but I suspect it will).
However the error message should have indicated that ftp failed, not
that it was unable to create the necessary directory path.

--
(please respond to the list as opposed to my email box directly,
unless you are supplying private information you don't want public