[wp-hackers] Custom Post Type Capabilities

Brent Shepherd thenbrent at gmail.com
Sun May 30 14:54:23 UTC 2010

I'm trying to use a custom capability_type in a call to register_post_type,
but I've run into a few issues.

For example, to allow a post of the custom type "movies" to be created and
published, I thought that *'edit_movie'* and *'publish_**movie**s'* would be
the only capabilities required.

For the Movies admin menu to show however, *'edit**_movie**s' *is required
(note the "s"). This wouldn't be an issue, except that then when *'edit_**
movie**s'* is added to that user's role, they are also able to edit movies
created by others, even though *'edit_others**_movie**s' *is not assigned to
them. Is this a bug? My misinterpretation? Or are custom post type
capabilities still a work in progress?