[wp-hackers] wp thumbnails

Ana Aires ana.aires at gmail.com
Tue May 25 11:19:36 UTC 2010

Hi guys!!

I am struggling with wp thumbnails new feature. Basically I have an
alternative form to the "Add new post" for adding a new post with a set of
custom fields. I also would like to add on the new form the possibility to
set thumbnails. But it seams that the metabox has a lot of dependencies
spread all over the code. So I would like to know any hints on how this
actually works. So far I manage to set the thumbnail associated with the
temporary post, but when I submit something is missing and the thumbnail
does not associate with the post. I suppose that I need to add something to
the wp_x_postmeta table but I honestly don´t get where does the meta_value
for the _thumbnail_id come from...
Did anyone played with this already?

If I was not clear but you know how the thumbnails work internally please
let me know and I try to explain better.

Thanks in advance,
--
Ana Aires