[wp-hackers] Comments automatically being marked as spam

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu May 20 16:46:23 UTC 2010

Sounds like just one more reason to not use captchas at all, to me.

I use three plugins:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/simple-trackback-validation/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/cookies-for-comments/
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/akismet/

With those three, I get maybe one spam that makes it through per
month. The first two simply block spam outright, without filing it as
spam at all. Very clean.

No captcha's necessary.

-Otto