[wp-hackers] Filter display_name?

Thomas Scholz info at toscho.de
Thu May 13 02:10:55 UTC 2010

Hello,

I’m building a website where some of the user have academic grades in
their names, eg.: »Ph.D. Jon Doe«.

Now I want my users give the ability to decide if this title appears in
their public name – so I cannot just add the string to the first name.
Unfortunately, the display names to choose from are printed without any
filter in /wp-admin/user-edit.php.
I’ve added a contact field with the same key, but the original field is
not completely removable because the table row lacks a unique id
attribute, that I could address in a stylesheet. The visual result is
somewhat confusing.

Any ideas for an elegant solution? Should I file a bug report?

Regards
Thomas

--
http://toscho.de