[wp-hackers] Changes to wp-config-sample.php in 3.0

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu May 13 01:32:46 UTC 2010

Hackers and polyglots --

I wanted to let you know of some changes to wp-config-sample.php in 3.0,
before I closed the corresponding ticket, which is
http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11523. This may affect some custom
installer scripts or locales.

We changed the placeholders for DB_NAME, DB_USER, and DB_PASSWORD from
'putyourdbnamehere', 'usernamehere', and 'yourpasswordhere' to
'database_name_here', 'username_here', 'password_here', to make it more
legible, easier to translate, and less confusing with the "your" aspect (as
passwords here are not personal).

You're welcome to contact me on or offlist with any concerns or questions.

Thank you,
Nacin