[wp-hackers] Proposal: StackOverflow for WordPress

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Wed May 12 22:04:57 UTC 2010

One thing I like about SO, is that when you start to type a question
it suggests you already asked and answered ones, which much more
intuitive, then - "search first and then if you do not find it
anywhere else - ask".

Much more pluses under the hood.

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 10:31 PM, Stephen Rider
<wp-hackers at striderweb.com> wrote:

> On May 11, 2010, at 9:45 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:
>
>>> I also don't see why WordPress questions need a separate Stack Exchange
>>> site when they can already be asked on the main Stack Overflow site.
>
>> [T]he main StackOverflow site is focused on
>> programming. What about all of the other facets to WP that need coverage --
>> theming, hosting, best practices, etc.?
>
> This is the biggest argument for getting an SO site.  People have been talking about improving the WP support for ages, but it doesn't seem to happen.  We get letters all the time to wp-hackers saying "I tried this to the forums and got no response, so here I am even though it isn't really appropriate here" -- so clearly the existing WP infrastructure isn't working out as well as it should.  SO exists, it works, and they're looking for ideas for new sites.  I'm all for encouraging a WP oriented SO site.
>
> The link again:
> http://meta.stackexchange.com/questions/6090/proposal-for-a-wordpress-answers-exchange
>
> Stephen

Davit Barbakadze