[wp-hackers] Magic quotes "on" forever?

Ruben Nijveld ruben at gewooniets.nl
Thu May 6 06:11:15 UTC 2010

I think it would be a good idea to push everyone forward. Is there
currently any way for the plugin author to know whether the
superglobals are escaped or not? If not, why don't we add something
the authors can test for? That way (a) plugin authors get a way to
transform their plugin to a more decent style of escaping without
breaking it directly. And (b) once more and more plugins have a check
for escaped superglobals this feature can be disabled once and for
all, which is a good thing if you ask me. Escaping the superglobals
using addslashes doesn't really add much security, as there are still
SQL injection attacks possible.

- Ruben