[wp-hackers] Introducing wpdocs

Tom Adams tom at thedextrousweb.com
Tue May 4 09:26:37 UTC 2010

> This is cool.
>
> Will have to have a play with this.

Thanks. I'm glad you like it.

That's an excellent point. I noticed the @package tags but didn't think to actually use them. It should be relatively trivial to do that and I've added it to my list, but I probably won't have time to do it for a while, so if anybody wants to send a pull request on GitHub, it would be very welcome.

> Does it need much RAM to build the docs? (phpdoc itself is a memory hog so would love to use something less intensive to replace the whole of http://phpdoc.ftwr.co.uk/ )

I'm not entirely sure. Due to what I percieve as a flaw in doxygen (classes aren't associated with files from what I can tell), it does run doxygen once over all the files and then again on each individual file. It also runs GeSHi over every single function for the syntax highlighting - this could probably be improved by running GeSHi over whole files. So I think it probably does require a small excess of RAM.

And thank you to everybody else leaving positive comments. We worked hard on this tool and we're glad it's useful.
--
Tom Adams
Developer, The Dextrous Web