[wp-hackers] GSoC 2010: Visual CSS Editor

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 19:15:58 UTC 2010

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 12:35 PM, Jeremy Clarke <jer at simianuprising.com> wrote:
> It seems to me that this should be part of the custom CSS plugin
> recently released by automattic (based on the paid feature in
> wordpress.com) and that it should be in the realm of canonical
> plugins.

The Automattic Custom CSS plugin is just one simple implementation; it
doesn't necessarily deserve to be canonical. It could stand to be
improved or a better plugin could be written from scratch.

My killer feature in a web-based CSS editor is sadly absent: edit CSS
in one window while any number of preview windows in any number of
browsers simultaneously receive style changes.

In general, I wouldn't mind seeing proposals to improve existing plugins.

Andy