[wp-hackers] User roles - GSOC proposal

prasath nadarajah n.prasath.002 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 16:09:58 UTC 2010

hi,
I just played with some plugins which deal with capabilities.
There is an option to add custom capabilities (members plugin) where
you can define your own capability.
Where it is actually used?
what is the use of this option?
I think this capability would be an additional entry for the
wp_capability array in the user_meta table.
When we are coming up with a plan for an looseless upgrade how does
this affect when assigning roles for users.
Between where these capabilities being validated within the wordpress?