[wp-hackers] GSOC - widget repository

Eitan Adler eitanadlerlist at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 16:55:08 UTC 2010

My understanding of the widget plugin repo is NOT that we want a
seperate repository for plugins but rather a simplified procedure for
installing and manipulating them. Perhaps instead of creating an
entirely new repo the installation code would detect that you are
installing a "provides-widget" plugin and immediately activate it and
go to the widget managment page.

Another option would be the ability to install plugins directly from
the widgets page (or at least link to the installation page from the
widgets page)