[wp-hackers] GSOC - comment moderation

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sun Mar 28 20:56:40 UTC 2010

On 28 Mar 2010, at 17:15, Eitan Adler wrote:

> Comment Moderation
>   Improve comment moderation in the administration pages so that when
> threaded comments are enabled they are displayed when moderating
> individual posts comments. It would also be useful to allow comment
> re-parenting so as to fix issues where a comment reply is not
> associated with the correct parent. Support should also be added to
> the XML-RPC api to allow an external app to implement similar
> functionality.
>
> Regarding this GSOC idea other than
> 1) displaying threaded comments on the moderation page
> 2) Allowing the admin to re-parent comments
> 3) Adding #1 and #2 to the XML-RPC api
> are there other specific things having to do with comments that I
> could use for my GSOC proposal.
>
> Also - this being my first summer attempting to do GSOC I'm unsure of
> what scope of work I should be aiming for.

As the suggester for this GSOC project I hoped that the work covered by those points would be about the right size project for someone.

As far as scope you should be aiming for what you think you can achieve in the time available.

Ideally, I would suggest that you think in detail about how you might break your time down into sections of work (say 1-2 weeks) and have a good idea of the the flow through you propose which you then include in your application.

It is also worth getting familiar with the area of code you might be working on - maybe have a look and see if there are any simple bugs in trac you could provide a fix for.

Cheers

Peter
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5