[wp-hackers] Failure in import from LiveJournal

Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) bernard.d.tremblay at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 21:38:12 UTC 2010

Worst possible?
Having the end product looking reasonable
(http://gnodal.protension.com/journal/) I just spent some time with the
contents.

uh-oh

Compare it with http://gnodal.livejournal.com

The item from Mar. 5th, 2010 is there ... fine stuff. And there's my
post of December 18, 2009 ... dandy.
But wait.
What happened to the intervening items? Feb. 25th, 2010 and Feb. 5th, 2010?

Loss of data integrity.
Some items made it in, but others didn't? As though arbitrarily?
I can't work like that.

If someone knows how this is other than random, please let me know.
Cuz I think I just wasted a ton of time / had a huge door slammed in my
face.

bdt

p.s. if I find the energy to start again I will use an XML approach i.e.
LJArchive. painful, this.