[wp-hackers] Mailing List for Plugin Selection?

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Thu Mar 25 08:28:19 UTC 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 4:04 AM, Eric Marden wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 9:34 PM, Mike Schinkel
> <mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:
>>
>> What to you think about establishing a wp-plugins mailing list to support
>> discussion around plugins?
> What's wrong with doing that on this list?

Simply because my impression has been that this list isn't really for this asking about what plugin to select but instead to discuss how to codes plugins (and related topics.)  Is that impression wrong?

Anyway, I think that people who have a lot of experience with plugins doing work for clients might either be intimidated by this list or simply leave when the religious wars break out. I was thinking a list where people frequently discuss plugin selection but not what should be added to core would cultivate more discussion on the topic.

-Mike