[wp-hackers] RFE: "more" to open in new window

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Mar 23 02:09:45 UTC 2010

On Mar 22, 2010, at 5:08 PM, Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) wrote:

> Clicking on post title or -More- on blog front page opens the post in that tab ... in effect blowing the frontpage away.
>
> Is this optional?
> What controls this behaviour?
> I'm guessing it's core ... can it be adjusted using a plug-in?
> (I'm sure most of you know that google search preferences include "open in new window".)

I would think this could be changed in the theme.  If not, you could use a simple plugin to insert a JavaScript that does it.

That being said, I would strongly recommend against it.  As others have said, opening links in new windows is not best practice -- it confuses non-geeks and irritates geeks.  Lose/Lose.

Stephen