[wp-hackers] RFE: "more" to open in new window

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Tue Mar 23 01:57:23 UTC 2010

On Mar 22 2010 6:08 PM, Bernard D. Tremblay (ben) wrote:
> [...]
> Clicking on post title or -More- on blog front page opens the post in
> that tab ... in effect blowing the frontpage away.

That's normal browsing behavior.

> Is this optional?
> What controls this behaviour?
> I'm guessing it's core ... can it be adjusted using a plug-in?
> (I'm sure most of you know that google search preferences include
> "open in new window".)

Opening new windows is so... 1998. Are you sure you really want to do
that? Maybe it's what you've gotten accustomed to, but some people
(including myself) don't *want* a post link to open in a new window.
It's jarring. If I want a new window or tab, I'll CMD-click, CTRL-click,
SHIFT-click, middle-click, or whatever my preferred method happens to be.

IMHO. :)

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/