[wp-hackers] populate_option : wpmu-upgrade vs freshly created blog

Raphaël Droz raphael.droz at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 16:53:03 UTC 2010

All is in the title,
while I would like to change the default options of a blog  I observed
that the populate_option hook is also used at upgrade.

Should I use some kind of workaround like comparing the creation date ?
Or should I forget about the wpdb->query and use update_option's in the
wpmu_new_blog hook which, apparently until now, is only used at the blog
creation time.
In this latter case, I would be out-context and, to, eg, switch the theme or
add a post, I would have to switch_blog() again.