[wp-hackers] GSoC Proposal: Ideas Forum (Justin Shreve)

Justin Shreve justin.shreve at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 02:23:48 UTC 2010

I wish I would have seen that thread. There are some good ideas in there.

I was thinking of a dupe like feature as well. If you post a thread the
system would look at the tags and the content and see if there is something
potentially related and would display them. You could then review if it was
the same as a currently exiting one (and if it is trash yours and have the
option to up vote the other) or continue posting if the matches are wrong.
There would also be a reporting system because no automated system can catch
everything 100%.

The end product for the Summer of Code needs to something that can stand on
it's own. The goal for running it on the ideas forum is outside of the scope
of the summer of code program but if the project is accepted and finished
successfully it could go that way.

This would most likely end up being a set of bbPress plugins to enable
BrainStorm or IdeaStorm like forum setups. I say bbPress because that is
what Ideas is running on now and will most likely stay that way.

Thanks for letting me know about that link. If you have any further feedback
or ideas that would be great! I'm in the middle of reworking the proposal to
be bbPress specific.

- Justin