[wp-hackers] Daylight Savings Glitch

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Mar 15 17:53:06 UTC 2010

Well, yes, changing the post_status to "publish" is what did it.
That's what "publishing" is, really. The post_time would have had no
impact.

I'm pretty sure the scheduling mechanism makes no attempt to try to
figure out what the savings rules will be on a future scheduled date.
It seems like something that's only going to happen rarely, with the
end result that the post will publish one hour later or earlier than
expected. Basically, the problem only can occur when you future-post
across the time change line.

So yes, it's a bug, but I suspect it'd be rather low priority.

-Otto