[wp-hackers] Custom taxonomies for authors

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sat Mar 13 21:15:11 UTC 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 3:57 PM, Patrik Bóna wrote:
> On WPMU you have own post table for each site but just one user table for all sites.
>
> So if you will put users in posts table you will have trouble ;).

Sigh.  I covered that already in an earlier post to this list.  Only mirror users that have rights to a WPMU blog into that blog, simple as that. It would just not make sense to copy user "John" in the posts table for user "Mary"'s blog.

The reason to consider this is that when people represent content they should have a post type to contain that content.  And I argue for it being in core (or a canonical plugin) because information about people is so universal that it probably applies to every WordPress install out there. Getting it into core means lots of people would build additional support for a person post type; not having it there means much less and in incompatible ways.

-Mike