[wp-hackers] Custom taxonomies for authors

Casey Bisson casey.bisson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 17:38:56 UTC 2010

On Mar 13, 2010, at 8:43 AM, "Thomas Scholz" <info at toscho.de> wrote:

>> Personally i don't think creating it as a post taxonomy is what is
>> needed here.
>
> Yeah, most of the users don’t have any posts. Some of them don’t eve
> n have an email address. Or a computer … :)

You're really misusing the users table here and it could lead to some
unexpected issues (consider how access permissions are attached to
entries in that table).

Cat breeders = posts

Use postmeta and custom taxonomies for the rest.

A trivial example of something similar: menu items = posts, built
using Joost's simple taxonomies plugin and my own Scriblio:

http://labs.maisonbisson.com/hawtdog/menu/