[wp-hackers] howto delete category via administrator panel

Uwiuw Bakawan.com uwiuw at yahoo.com.sg
Sat Mar 13 11:43:02 UTC 2010

hi, thanks for the reply ;)

> but I'm not sure you have the appropriate actions.
What do you mean ? i don't understand it.

by the way, i have try to use this debug function on various actions stated in wp_delete_term function (as you had mention before)

function blind_debug()
    $numargs = func_num_args();
    $GLOBALS['debugku']['clean_term_cache filter']['Total Argumen'] =  $numargs;
    if (isset($numargs)) {
        for ($i = 0; $i < $numargs; $i++) {
            $GLOBALS['debugku']['clean_term_cache via filter']["arg " . $i] = func_get_arg($i);
        }
    }

    $debugoutput = print_r($GLOBALS['debugku'], TRUE);
    echo "<pre style='font-size:14px'>about : $debugoutput </pre>";

    die();
        wp_die("viva la republic! pun langit runtuh, NKRI sampe mati! ");
}

in wp_delete_term (in /wordpress-2.9.1/wp-includes/taxonomy.php), there're action such as :
1. edit_term_taxonomies and edited_term_taxonomies
2. delete_term_taxonomy and deleted_term_taxonomy
3. clean_term_cache
4. delete_term and delete_$taxonomy

i use add_action and add_filter such as

add_action('edit_term_taxonomies', 'blind_debug')
add_filter('edit_term_taxonomies', 'blind_debug')

While the output of every debug
1. delete_term and delete_$taxonomy, the output is the deleted CAT ID
2. clean_term_cache, the output is the the deleted CAT ID and the default category ID
3. delete_term_taxonomy and deleted_term_taxonomy, are empty. no output. The blind_debug function is never execute.
4. edit_term_taxonomies and edited_term_taxonomies also empty
5. wp_delete_term also empty.

when debugging clean_term_cache, delete_term and delete_$taxonomy, i try to use get_categories(array('hide_empty' => 0 ). But somehow, the output only the default category object. It seem the category list can not be access.

i try not to put any validation function via 'init', or 'admin_init', to do the process of deleting. i hope i can find another hook to start the deleting process.

Right now, i got this everytime a category delete from admin panel.
$_GET [action] => delete
            [doaction] => Apply
            [_wpnonce] => 9503c9c45d
            [_wp_http_referer] => /wp-admin/categories.php
            [delete] => Array
                (
                    [0] => 120
                )

            [action2] =>

scribu, sorry to bother you more on this subject