[wp-hackers] "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error." But what is the error?

James Nachlin jnachlin at sixapart.com
Fri Mar 12 18:01:44 UTC 2010

Yes.  I in fact do have another plugin defining widget()!  Renaming my
functions made the error go away.

I think Otto is right.  The process dies right in plugins.php, at

include(WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/' . $plugin);

The previous line's ini_set is not having the effect of turning on the
display of the errors, in the case of a name collision between two
function names in two different plugins.

If I fix that problem, I can activate the plugin.  If I deactivate the
plugin, then intentionally add a new error to my plugin, I see the error
in the iframe as I should.

Thanks again,
Jim