[wp-hackers] Facebook Events Integration

Mohammad Jangda batmoo at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 02:40:45 UTC 2010

> So when WP tries to post data to the FB application, everything fails.
>  Unfortunately I don't know how to trick the servers into recognizing one
> another or how to get WordPress to authenticate as a Facebook user.  If I
> can't do that, I can't create the event. any ideas?

Instead of posting your event data to an application and having it handle
the event creation, you can just use the Official PHP  Library and call
Events.create().

Library:
http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/PHP#Official_PHP_Client_Library

<http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/PHP#Official_PHP_Client_Library>
Events.create: http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/Events.create

If you want the event created on behalf of a user and not an application,
you'll need to get a session key for the user, and best option is through
Facebook Connect.
<http://wiki.developers.facebook.com/index.php/PHP#Official_PHP_Client_Library>
--
Mohammad Jangda