[wp-hackers] comments should be a plugin

Mike Schinkel mikeschinkel at newclarity.net
Sun Mar 7 02:04:25 UTC 2010

On Mar 6, 2010, at 9:01 PM, Ptah Dunbar wrote:
>>> So: "comments is plugin material".
>
> Wow. You guys are taken this CMS abstraction too far. Comments aren't going anywhere.

Before you jump to conclusions, why not consider that comments and post types of 'post' could be moved to a canonical plugin that ships with WordPress, to be enabled by default but disabled on sites that don't need a blog?

I'm not saying it needs to be done, but by version 3.5 or so it may make sense...  (Never say never.)

-Mike