[wp-hackers] comments should be a plugin

24/7 24-7 at gmx.net
Sun Mar 7 01:40:28 UTC 2010

Hi. I use WP now since Version 1.5.x and really/still like it. But there are
some things in the evolution WP-Core has taken over the last years, that
seem to not follow the trends around wordpress.

Following the latest discussions about comments on the one side and seeing
plugins like "pods" or "shopp" who bring WP to a completely new level, i
have to say, that some Core-Stuff should not be in the Core anymore. I often
read "this is plugin material" as an answer to ideas. As far as i see, a lot
of people use WP as Portfolio CMS and with pods as CMS for completely new
ideas or with shopp as CMS for online shops. All of these people will never
need comments. And on the other hand, a lot (corr.: most) of the blogs who
have comment forms don't have comments.

So: "comments is plugin material".

Best Wishes & a nice weekend. -K.