[wp-hackers] "commenter" user role

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Fri Mar 5 22:44:18 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:39 PM, scribu <scribu at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 12:23 AM, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com> wrote:
>
>> As long as this has a master off-switch, because there's no way I'd
>> ever implement such a thing on my sites.
>>
>> My users table contains one user: me. It will never contain another.
>>

> There's a word for that: irrational fear.

No, not fear. Design. I'm the only user of my blog. I don't want or
need anybody else to be registered on it, because *I'm the only user
of my blog*.

Commenters aren't users, they're commenters. They read it and they
leave comments. Whether their user data is real or not is irrelevant,
as I see it.

> It's very much core material, since it improves the database structure.

I disagree, but more power to you. Just make sure to leave an off
switch, because I won't use it.

-Otto