[wp-hackers] "Masking" a domain name in a wordpress install

Christian Gundersson gundersson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 3 16:06:43 UTC 2010

2010/3/3 Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>

> WordPress uses the two URL settings on the Settings->General page to
> determine how to build links.
>
> So if foo.com/bar_root/something is equivalent to bar.com/something
> *and both links actually will work*, then you can just change those
> two URL settings to reflect the URLs you want to use.
>
> Important: The links must work *before* you change the settings.
> Because the second you change the settings, the whole site uses them,
> and if the links don't work, the site will stop working too.
>
> -Otto

Oh, thanks for the swift replys! :)

bar.com/link works as intended, and I went in (a bit prematurely but thats
me) and changed the siteurl and homeurl in Settings->General. After that
foo.bar/link was still accessible but no stylesheet and I couldn't log back
in to the admin area.

Would be nice to know if that _is_ the right way to do it, otherwise the
problem is  somewhere else...

Regards
Christian