[wp-hackers] JSON API 1.0 release

Dan Phiffer dan at phiffer.org
Tue Jun 29 19:42:38 UTC 2010

On Jun 29, 2010, at 3:02 PM, Otto wrote:

> Dumb question, perhaps, but is there any reason you didn't want to use
> the existing XML-RPC library to get this sort of data? Yes, it's XML,
> but javascript can do XML just as easily, and there's a bunch of
> XML-RPC client libraries for Javascript.

At MoMA.org we're using WordPress in ways that I wasn't confident the existing XML-RPC API would support. Things like post thumbnails and sub-page/category hierarchies and compatibility with multiple authors plugin. Basically I've been optimizing my plugin for simplicity & flexibility, not compatibility with a specification.

On Jun 29, 2010, at 3:26 PM, Otto wrote:

> BTW, it wouldn't be difficult at all to implement a JSON system using
> the built in feeds mechanism.

Yeah, I started out using the wp-json plugin, but found that our needs outstripped what it has to offer. It could be a good choice for other developers.

-Dan