[wp-hackers] new menu management 3.0

ErisDS erisds at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 14:02:52 UTC 2010

I don't think anyone is trying to say that these are bugs. The menu system,
as is, works perfectly.

However, parts of it are a bit unintuitive, especially when considering
training a client.

I agree with Japh that if I setup a top-level menu it would be nice to *have
the option* to tell the menu to auto-populate the children (and keep them
updated when a new child is created).
The user could still go to the menu page and use the nice drag and drop
interface to remove or add items... but the basic structure would be
populated automatically.

Again, I don't think these are bugs, but I do agree that whilst the efforts
of the WP team on the menu system are awesome, and that it is perfect for
smaller custom menus, when it comes to the main navigation on a large
page-heavy site, it currently doesn't cut the mustard in terms of features
and intuitiveness.

At the end of the day, we sell Wordpress to our clients because it's
easy-to-use, because they don't have to do things manually, so I'm going to
continue using wp_list_pages, and the PageMash and Page Links Manager
plugins to manage main navigation.

Just my 2p

Eris