[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.0, can we finally get a LTS version?

Austin Matzko austin at ilfilosofo.com
Fri Jun 18 14:56:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 9:44 AM, Jane Wells <jane at automattic.com> wrote:
> What I think is kind if funny (humorous) is that people say things like that
> a lot, but if you look at the last couple of years, it's been 6 months
> between releases anyway. We keep saying we want to do three per year, but
> starting with 2.7, when I started, it's only been 2 per year (every six
> months or so) anyway.

Not just 2.7: 1.5 (when WP really came of age with plugins and themes)
was released in 2005, and since then we've had 10 major releases.

Matt Mullenweg is one of those optimistic people: in the latest 3.0
release announcement, he predicts that we'll average about 4 releases
per year for the next two and a half years.