[wp-hackers] Wordpress 3.0, can we finally get a LTS version?

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Fri Jun 18 02:31:50 UTC 2010

The 2.9 SVN branch was treated to a few fixes after 2.9.2's release,
same for the 2.8 branch and 2.8.6's release. A few were hardening
patches, but none were major security issues, if I recall correctly.

I don't see an LTS version like 2.0.x ever happening again. If you're
looking for the current legacy branch to be maintained with backported
security fixes, I think we'd all be amenable to that as this is what
we have been doing, even though we haven't been driven by a formal
commitment yet to do so.

Patches always welcome. I don't think you'll ever see Peter or me
reject a valid one :-)