[wp-hackers] Splintering the Community

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Tue Jun 15 20:08:13 UTC 2010

On 6/15/10 3:52 PM, Jacob Santos wrote:
> I decided to run this through a BS filter and this is the result.

Okay, seriously. It's fine for anyone who wants to start up their own
WordPress-related support site to do so. There are entire businesses
built on it, in fact. This list, wp-hackers, is meant for discussion of
code, not discussion of who should provide support and on what site and
using which software. Let's try to use the forums for that, please, to
keep hackers traffic to actual code issues. Or hey, bring it up on the
*forums* mailing list with the people who actually moderate the forums
and where it would be an in-scope topic of discussion.

Continuing to bring it up here is basically spamming the hackers list,
because that is what it is when numerous messages about building a
support site somewhere gets sent to tens of thousands of people who are
subscribed to a list to talk about *code*. Let's try to keep the noise
down on hackers. We have enough actual code things that need to be
worked out that there should be plenty to talk about.

Thanks,
Jane