[wp-hackers] Geodata storage

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Sat Jun 5 07:50:49 UTC 2010

On 5 Jun 2010, at 06:20, Michael D Adams wrote:

> On Fri, Jun 4, 2010 at 8:11 PM, Andrew Nacin <wp at andrewnacin.com> wrote:
>> I think it'd be a great idea for us to begin to think about creating
>> wrappers in core for this, much like the shortlink API we added in 3.0.
>
> I can submit a patch with a basic API.  There's also been talk about
> making geo a core plugin.

What sort of wrappers are we thinking here?

I guess something to output the geo metadata in the head if the values exist?
Plus: has_geo(), geo_lat(), geo_long()

Again, I wonder what we had for this back-in-the-day we did have something before geo in core died

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5