[wp-hackers] Fwd: Changes to Area 51

Arlen Beiler arlenbee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 01:25:30 UTC 2010

Hello everyone, Robert from Stack Exchange emailed me the following
concerning the proposals on Area51.

In short, they decided to do things a little differently, and are going to
reset all the votes on questions, and any rep gotten from them. Then we are
going to pick out the best 10 on-topic and off-topic questions. Each person
has five on-topic and 5 off-topic votes they can cast. With the following we
have on the proposal that should be nothing. The reason they did this is
because these questions are suppose to define the site. The followers will
not be reset, which is good, as that is the part of phase 1 that takes a
while. I attached our email conversation for everyone's benefit. The email
conversation makes it clearer. If you don't read the whole thing, at least
read the part toward the end where I asked what they mean by a good
off-topic and on-topic question.

Forwarded conversation