[wp-hackers] $args for register_post_status()?

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Wed Jun 2 04:47:26 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 1, 2010 at 10:14 PM, Mike Schinkel
<mikeschinkel at newclarity.net>wrote:

> I've been trying to find docs on the $args for register_post_status()
> somewhere and I can't find anything definitive on Codex or elsewhere.

It would be best to look at how each is used in core. For example, we have
public/internal/protected/private to because we needed that many to break up
the half dozen or so built-in stati into appropriately flexible groups.

Some of those strings are quite unique and you could easily find them with a
text search, others could be found by searching for "->private" for example
-- simply search for uses of get_post_status_object().

I imagine the post status API will improve in a future release. It's new in
3.0 and thus we'll wait to see how it is used, how it could be used, and
what we want to do with it, not unlike how register_post_type came to be
first in 2.9, and how it took some time for full UI exposure in custom
taxonomies.