[wp-hackers] Taxonomy Mirrored Posts Best Practice?

Michael Pretty mpretty at voceconnect.com
Tue Jul 27 02:30:50 UTC 2010

We have a couple more projects lined up where we need a many to many
relationship between objects and have decided that for us the best
option is to bite the bullet and create a new table.  Its something we
usually leave as a last resort, but at this point, that seems like the
best option because of the issues you mentioned.  I haven't yet worked
out all the details of how it is going to work other than a table that
stores parent_id, child_id and relationship_type, with lots of caching.
At this point it just seems like it is going to be the only way to
provide the many to many relationship that is both stable and provides
decent performance.

Michael Pretty
prettyboymp