[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Demetris kikizas at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 17:42:01 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Doug Stewart <zamoose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/7/10, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:
>> Eventually, the good people unsubscribe entirely, or go silent for
>> months/years at a time. Why? Because they didn't get involved with
>> WordPress because they love arguing on mailing lists. I'm involved
>> because I love making it easy for people to build beautiful dynamic
>> websites. I'm involved because I think the more people publishing, the
>> better place the world will be. I'm involved because I love figuring out
>> elegant code or architecture solutions to tricky problems or UI challenges.
>>

> Your suggestion that those who disagree with you DON'T value those
> things truly rankles.  If you're trying to engender reasoned debate
> and healthy contributions, publicly impugning others' motives is a
> lousy way to start.

I think Matt simply enjoys insulting, in indirect ways, those who
disagree with him.  (Some of whom, in this case, also happen to be
regular contributors to the project Matt leads.)

He has done that so many times in this thread, even after it was
pointed out by several people, that I don’t believe it can be
attributed any more to accident or misinterpreted intent.

Cheers!

Demetris
http://op111.net/76 ‹ See what is new in WordPress 3.0!