[wp-hackers] Putting the P in WordPress

Jeff Jason umassthrower at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 03:46:48 UTC 2010

You mean there is a mechanism for opting out of what the creator chose to be
the default behavior.

If only there was a mechanism (
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/remove-wordpress-to-wordpress-filter/)
for opting out of what the creator decided would be the default behavior in
WP.  Ohh wait.

In any event.

Reading this thread, I originally came down on the side of this is a foolish
filter.  This is turning into a real silly argument.  There are many reasons
why the Wordpress --> WordPress filter wasn't the best idea.  But the fact
of the matter is the filter is in and there is even a plugin to remove it.
 Opt-in/Opt-out, who cares.  It only messes with the specific string
"Wordpress" anyways, it doesn't do anything to wordpress or WoRdPrEsS.  The
only instances where anyone should have been affected is where they made the
mistake of mistyping or misspelling the *trademark*.

Why don't people care a little more about implementation and design
decisions that actually matter.

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 10:42 PM, Stephen Rider <wp-hackers at striderweb.com>wrote:

> On Jul 5, 2010, at 9:17 PM, Ezwan Aizat Bin Abdullah Faiz wrote:
>
> > Just a thought, if you enter: iphone, or macbook into an iPhone, it will
> > correct it to its proper name.
>
> As soon as the iPhone autocorrect dohickey pops up, you can say "don't do
> that" by tapping on it.  WordPress doesn't tell you it's making the change,
> nor allows you to stop it; it just does it.
>
> Stephen

Jeff Jason II