[wp-hackers] $content_width and hotlinked images

chip at chipbennett.net chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Jul 1 17:07:32 UTC 2010

In reviewing the Theme Development Checklist for WordPress theme
repository-hosted themes, I discovered something odd:

WordPress does not appear to respect/apply $content_width (e.g. as defined
in functions.php) for hotlinked images (i.e. images that are not added via
the Media Library.

The workaround is simple: adding a max-width declaration for images.

However, shouldn't WordPress respect/apply the $content_width setting?

Is this behavior as expected, or should I submit a Trac bug report?

Chip