[wp-hackers] post thumbnail?..

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 07:27:26 UTC 2010

I made a post thumbnailer recently (I didn't know there already was
one in wp 2.9). But as I found later, even if I knew I probably still
would make my own. Although not sure if I have it right (default
thumbnail meta box) - what I see is a link in meta box, saying - Set
thumbnail and then when you click on it and choose an image, it
inserts it in the editor. Is it how default thumbnailer works, apart
from all the new functions it brought with itself?

If it's better then that then just ignore the rest of what I write here :D

What if we have it as follows: similar meta box with similar link -
set thumbnail (or default - no thumb - image), which brings up media
library, just as default one, but then when you choose an image,
inserts it not into the editor, but in the hidden field (maybe I do
not want to have a thumb in the post body itself, usually that's how
it is in my case) - post_thumb or something and shows preview in a
meta box. Isn't this more intuitive and convenient?

That's how I have it. Works great and when I first activated default
thumbnail feature I thought that's how it will be operating as well,
is it?

--
Davit Barbakadze