[wp-hackers] We need a hook in wp_update_category

John R R Leavitt jrrl at jrrl.com
Tue Jan 26 13:35:52 UTC 2010

Currently, we can use the quick_edit_custom_box hook to add a field to
the quick edit form for a category.  This is nice and looks great, but
there is no way to hook into the save process, leaving any new fields
ignored.  Actually, there is no way to hook into the save process, quick
edit or not.  Any chance we could get a hook in wp_update_category so we
could save the contents of any extra fields?  (Yes, I'll be saving the
information in a WP option, not in a table.)

-John.