[wp-hackers] plugin frameworks...

Davit Barbakadze jayarjo at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 09:37:50 UTC 2010

Wow, how different your approaches are... although not quietly what I
expected. I found the other guy which tries to incorporate CodeIgniter
as plugin framework. I think that's a bit over the top, but something
similar and more WordPress oriented could be very helpful I think.

Thank you guys for the links.

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 4:58 PM, Mike Walsh <mpwalsh8 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Davit Barbakadze <jayarjo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Does anyone here use them actually? Some may simplify plugin
>> development somehow, by at least providing good file/directory
>> structure or even some kind of mvc framework.
>>
> I had used phpHtmlLib (phpthmllib.newsblob.com) for a couple projects before
> I started using WordPress and had really become dependent on the Form
> Processor.  When I started working on a plugin to manage our local swim
> team, I knew it would require a lot of forms and there a few widgets I
> wanted to use so I adapted the PHP 4 compatible thread of phpHtmlLib to be a
> WordPress plugin.
>
> In some ways it qualifies as a plugin framework as it provides a whole slew
> of base classes that can be used in other plugins.  There is obviously some
> functionality that goes unused but I'll trade that for the ease of building
> and processing forms.
>
> If you are interested in looking at the phpHtmlLib WordPress plugin, you can
> download it here:
>
> http://www.wp-swimteam.org/wp-content/plugins/download-monitor/download.php?id=8
>
> Mike
>
> --