[wp-hackers] Widget API, Widget Wrapper Functionality

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jan 19 15:58:32 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Shane A. Froebel <shane at bugssite.org> wrote:
> Right now we use:
>
> $args = array(
>  'before_widget' => '<li id="%1$s" class="widget %2$s">',
>  'after_widget' => "</li>n",
>  'before_title' => '<h2 class="widgettitle">',
>  'after_title' => "</h2>n"
> );
> register_sidebar( $args );
>
> This is fine for single blogs where there is only one theme to edit and
> worry about, but if a MU site starts to support many different styles of
> theme, this way might be beneficial to all MU site owners where they
> don't have to worry about 2 or 5 CSS files to maintain.

I'm not following you here. That code is in the theme. It's in each
and every theme. The theme itself defines how the widgets will look.

The existing widget code already works on MU. Look at wordpress.com,
for example.

What is it that doesn't work about this, exactly?

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States