[wp-hackers] [ wp-hackers ] A question about donation link

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Jan 19 15:40:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:30 AM, Jean-Nicolas Kuttler
<wp-hackers at nicolaskuttler.de> wrote:
> This doesn't seem to be true, from section 9 of the GPL v2: "If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation."

The WordPress license is included with WordPress, in license.txt.
Nowhere does it say any other license is potentially valid.

Also, you are mistaken about the "any other version" bit. That is
definitely not the case.

However, I agree with Mike Little, this discussion isn't really suited
for this list. Email me directly if you want to talk further about it.

-Otto
Sent from Memphis, TN, United States